Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Budget Finds -- Three Tiered Pedestal Plates

I wrote not too long ago about the simplest ways of effortless entertaining, and how utterly charming they can be. It's a thought that's stuck in my mind, and a goal that I'm setting for the future (in whatever period of time it may imply)--I'd love to develop sets of pretty, pseudo-coordinated dishes, ones that sort-of kind-of match my serving wares, but only just so. And anchoring the whole thing will be a two-tiered dessert tray, where I can display my dainty mini tarts and brownie bites. (Who knew so much effort went into being effortless!)

After spotting a tiered white and green plaid tray at Kmart for just $6 earlier today, I was curious to see what other budget options were in the spectrum. (Had the darn thing been in a more aesthetic color/pattern, it would have been mine!) The extra $16 go a long way for this option, leading me to a clear glass triple-decker that can be taken apart and re-stacked in a few different configurations. Seeing as that it can function as two mini-stackers and a cake tray, I think it's a marvelous purchase. And to be frank, I'm having a much harder time resisting this one than the $6 plaid set!


Three-tiered Pedestal Serving Plates at Target, $22.49, available here.

(By the by, apologies for my disappearing act yesterday! Red's been beyond swamped. Sad face!)

No comments: