Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Bubble Battle Returns!


I haven't posted about NYC goings on in quite a while, perhaps because of the ever-lasting gloomy weather, perhaps because I've been too busy to notice! Either way, one of my favorite annual events is happening tomorrow, and I couldn't resist the opportunity to share the secret with all of you. Each year, a collective called Newmindspace puts together a series of crazy, wacky, out-of-the-box events that get great turnouts all over the city. They include the massive yearly pillow fight, light saber battles, and this--my absolute favorite. The annual Bubble Battle! Thousands gather in Times Square to blow bubbles at one another, reliving a little bit of our collective youths and remembering what it feels like to be 6 years old again. It's tomorrow at 6:15--and I hope to see some of you there!

1 comment:

Alison said...

This isn't remotely close to a "budget find" but it's wonderful nonetheless. I thought you might agree:

http://www.kentandlondon.co.uk/chestofdrawers/product_03/product_info.php