Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Budget Finds: $10 BBQ Ribs

Last summer, a friend and I embarked upon a grandiose mission: to unearth the best BBQ in NYC. I had a small side mission in mind--not only did I want the best tasting BBQ, but I wanted the most cost-efficient. Specifically, I wanted an A+ rack of baby back ribs at less than $20 that I could always rely on. Dallas BBQ is always there for me, but a little variety couldn't hurt.


The mission was successful in many ways, but cost efficiency proved difficult with the ribs. A brisket or pulled pork sandwich is easy to find for less than $15, but a rack? Not so much. Until now, at least. The former location of Dallas BBQ on University and 8th has shuffled a bit, reopening this week not as Dallas but simply as BBQ, and with a suspiciously similar logo. However, the prices will be even lower than at my staple favorite, with $10 buying you a rack of ribs and a side. Non-rib-lovers can rejoice, too--a mere $5 buys a quarter chicken with a side. Now that's what I call a budget find.

1 comment:

Nicholas said...

mmmmm....

let's go sometime.