Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Amazing (Foodie) Race!


Lately one of my favorite TV shows has been The Amazing Race, where a bunch of couples travel the world completing a series of challenging activities that explore the cultures of the exotic locales they explore. TWB and I joke that we'd be a great couple on the show, except for my complete and utter lack of physical ability, which would quickly frustrate him and drive us out of the running.

However!

I recently stumbled upon a casting notice for a show very much like the Amazing Race that would use my finest talent--my constantly expanding appetite--as its main component.

The notice reads:

"Are you are a connoisseur, critic, chef, aficionado, restaurant owner or are just in a serious love affair with food?

The Food Network is currently casting foodies of all kinds in the New York area to be a part of a fun and exciting new TV series! The show focuses on two teams who race through many of NY’s culinary hot spots competing in challenges in the ultimate chowhound smack down against two Food Network chefs!

It’s an amazing “food-adventure” race!"

Oh. My. God.

Click here for more info, or just swoon at it and wish for a few months of vacation time, like me!

No comments: