Monday, March 23, 2009

Good Enough To Eat... Again! Red's Mediterranean Salad

This weather has been crazy--hot, cold, hot, cold. Even if I only win 50% of the time, my mind refuses to give in to the cold weather on the less pleasant days. I'm still wearing a lighter coat, I've worn skirts and open-toed shoes, and I'm even making springy salads for lunch. The one I'm toting today was kind of a random stroke of frugal inspiration, so I figured I'd share it with you.


Red's Mediterranean Salad



What You'll Need

1 cucumber, chopped....................................$0.80
2 small or medium tomatoes, chopped........$1.00
1 small red onion, finely chopped.................$0.75
juice of 1 lemon..............................................$0.25
about 5 ounces marinated feta, crumbled....$3.00
salt
pepper

Total Cost...........................................$5.80
Cost Per Serving.................................$1.93


What To Do

1. Chop all vegetables to desired chunkiness and combine
2. Add in crumbled feta, as well as some of the oil and spices it has been marinated in
3. Squeeze in some juice, add salt and pepper to taste, and viola! You're done!

Optional: Add olives, parsley, basil, or whatever additional seasoning you may be craving!

By the way, this is a great way to get rid of extra stuff in your fridge! Enjoy!

No comments: