Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What a crazy day today has been! After coordinating a shoot in Beijing for the greater part of my workday, I made my way downtown to my freelance workplace to receive a new assignment. Finally en route to my home by 7:00PM, I hadn't eaten much other than a small burger as a very early lunch. Ohhh, if only I could come home and make myself a glorious meal like the one I ate last night at my friend's wonderful potluck birthday party...

My contribution, you ask? A favorite recipe that's beyond simple. Goat cheese crostini with orange marmalade. I tried to plan so that I could have leftover ingredients for more, but alas, there's never enough for that :)



No-Cooking-Involved Goat Cheese Crostini with Orange Marmalade

1 pack Italian crostini (Melba crackers are a fine substitute, though they get a bit soggy as the evening goes on)
4 oz. plain goat cheese
1 jar of quality orange marmalade (you can make this yourself if you really want to--it's actually quite simple. Ask me for the recipe if you're interested!)

Spread out your crostini on a tray. Cover each with a generous smearing of goat cheese, and top with an equally generous dollop of marmalade. Serve, and wait for sounds of satisfaction!



And by the way, I stand corrected--the Hirst auction actually started yesterday and made more than I had reported by the end of the day, ringing in at 70m pounds... it just gets crazier!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds absolutely delicious! I have some Zabar's raisin-pecan bread in the fridge that's just begging to be toasted and slathered with goat cheese and marmalade... gah, I'm hungry now!

Ariel said...

We made these!!!!

By the way, there is a serious lack of cheese in India. Well, varieties of cheese, anyway. No goat cheese whatsoever. No Havarti. No mozzarella. Pretty much only paneer.

DEPRESSING.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Sounds yummy but no crostini in Marrakech, though.