Thursday, September 18, 2008

Teatime in the City

It's mid-September in New York, but it doesn't feel like it's yet time for the seasons to be changing. The summer escaped us far too quickly, and (at least in my mind) I'm trying to hold onto every last thread I can salvage. My body, on the other hand, hasn't been so successful. It certainly can't deny the changes at this time of year--that droopy feeling in my eyelids that has nothing to do with tiredness, the persisting sniffles, stubborn headaches, and the every-half-hour sneeze all indicate that change is in the air. And so is allergy season.

It's about this time of year that my hiatus on hot beverages comes to a staggering end. I'm ready for my stash of tea, and I want it now. Stuck in the office without the luxury of my Chinese Dragon Moon Pearl or Moroccan Mint, I'm dreaming about this cute little tea shop in Boston.


Hidden away on the second (or third?) floor of a Newbury Street townhouse, you can see nothing but this cute little logo from the street level.



But go upstairs, and hospitality abounds. Free samples, informational tutorials on tea infusing and packaging, and all the tea smelling your heart desires, all without the pushiness of usual novelty stores. If you're ever in the area, check it out!

Timesless Teas
85 Newbury St.
Boston, MA 02116

PS. Thanks to Minnie Eat World for unknowingly lending me her beautiful photo!

No comments: