Monday, September 22, 2008

Falling out of Summer


Having grown up in Florida, I've always been really fascinated by the change of seasons. In Miami, you see, there are two seasons: summer, and lesser-summer, also known as inhumanely hot time and pleasantly warm time. Needless to say, the colors don't change on palm tree leaves and the beach doesn't exactly get a sugary coating of snow.



But here in New York, today is the first day of Fall. It's still 72 degrees outside and the weather is nothing less than perfectly beautiful, but the farmer's markets are starting to get squash and maize and the stone fruits are making their final appearances before the local apple harvest goes into full swing.


My life feels like it's been in a perpetual state of transition over the last few months, but now that the weather is changing too, I can't help but feel in harmony with the way things are. And the best part? The air outside is crisper and fresher and more pleasant than ever at this time of year... so if I'm not at my computer editing away, find me here at the riverside, taking in the amazing Fall weather just a block and a half away from home.

2 comments:

Q said...

i love when i can finally wear jeans around nyc and not break a sweat as soon as i enter the subway...

Ashley said...

Beautiful photographs! And thanks for keeping me in the loop about local farmer's markets -- I'm always looking!