Thursday, August 14, 2008

Onto Chapter Two...

Good news!

After almost 10 weeks of trying, I've finally gotten my first real magazine job! Starting next Friday, I'll be a Research Editor for one of those crazy celebrity gossip magazines... looking into whether or not Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie actually hate each other and deciding whether it's too damaging to report that Lindsay Lohan has been seen drinking "too much Red Bull" again. It's not the New Yorker, but it's going to be tons of fun.

The Pros: Great pay, health benefits through my freelance company, a chill boss, and will give me exposure to things other than food. Definitely a resume builder!

The Cons: Only two days a week (M/F), still freelance, and a far commute.

The Pros to the Cons? Perhaps I can take an internship that will lead to a full time position eventually. With money to pay the bills, I now know I can work for free on some days.

Hence, the life of a girl breaking into magazines Part 1 has ended.

Part 2--moving from PT to FT and from gossip to substance, has yet to come.

No comments: