Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Stress toys 2.0

It's been a hectic week, to say the least. Both my freelance jobs have sprung massive amounts of work on me, and my deadlines are fast approaching. I haven't been this swamped in a long time, and it's easy for me to forget I'm unemployed! Honestly, with this much work and this many interviews, I haven't had time to send out a job application all week. To make things worse, I'm apartment hunting, and I've never had so many things on my plate all at once. Good thing I handle stress pretty well.

But since even I'm getting ready to explode already, I've found something to make everything better.

Meet Sweety, the newest de-stressing gadget by Yanko Design.

Yanko does all sorts of cool stuff, like weights that double as water bottles, or flying alarm clocks that can't easily be snoozed.

Sweety has got to be their coolest gadget to date though. He (she?) sits on your desk and listens to you vent about your troubles, analyzes your worries and decides on graphic patterns that will best soothe you depending on what you've shared. Sometimes, it will even invite you to play interactive games. But if you need more than pretty colors and games, Yanko says you can "squeeze and beat the hell out of it." That's my kind of stress toy.

1 comment:

Q said...

i've been surfing the net too much... here's an Ikea version of what you're looking at for only $15. But it's wired :-/... it also comes in 3 sizes and colors

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00064445