Friday, August 15, 2008

Celebration!

My roommate and I are both celebrating this week--not only did I get a job offer, but so did she! And to top things off, we're on the verge of signing a new apartment!

Both of us are really excited about finally furnishing our own space, and we've been exercising our creative drive in anticipation of the Sept. 1 move-in date.

After finding these gold doilies in the 99-cent bin at Gristedes, we knew we'd find some good purpose for them eventually. Here's a great DIY project that my roomie came up with: Doily Placemats!


1. Cut doilies into halves or shapes that you think look cool.
2. Glue them onto heavy-duty paper (any size works!)
3. Round the edges (if desired) to form a nice, chic shape.
4. Laminate!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats to both of you -- and I love the doilies! They'd look great decopauged onto plain white ceramic vases, decorative bowls, and maybe even picture frames as well! (I'm trying to think of a way of getting them onto a throw pillow or two and am coming up short...)

Ariel said...

Beautiful! And useful!

And congratulations to you and to Jess! I am so proud, beaming from across the many waters...

And I am so looking forward to seeing pictures!