Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Let's Call it a Tie

It's a hectic week around here. I'll start working at this new job on Friday, but until then, I'm finalizing my apartment hunt and interviewing for internships to fill my Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Not to mention guests coming in on Thursday and Friday.

With all that on the menu, it's nice to walk outside and have the comforts of a vibrant neighborhood to distract me from the craziness everywhere else. Since last week, there's been a guy showing an art installation right around the corner, and it's almost like a mini-museum on my doorstep.


He's done something that I really admire--taking something everyday and entirely ordinary and turning it into art. There are some connections in that idea to blogging, and maybe that's part of why I really liked his installation. However, I also like that he's using ties. These are the one main mode of self-expression for menswear, and I think it's interesting to use a statement piece like a tie and turn it into a statement piece like installation art. Anyway, I leave you with some photos as I return to my overwhelmingly hectic day.


No comments: