Friday, August 29, 2008

DIY business card organizer--so necessary!

One thing I've learned about job hunting is that every person you meet along the way has a business card, and that those business cards are eventual tickets to success. After all, they hold all the contact info that editors just love to keep secret. With this pile of info, I've kept in touch with many of my interviewers, and some of them are finally letting me pitch my ideas and considering my work for their publications. It's nice to know that the many rejections haven't come along with dead ends.

But about those business cards. I've been trying to find a cheap and efficient way to organize my little stack, especially because I'd hate to lose them as I move this weekend. There's valuable information in there, and I need to protect it. Real Simple (a mag I *wish* was represented in my stack) proposes this cute idea: use a 3x5 photo album and stick two cards in each page. It fits in your purse, looks way cuter than a Rolodex, and gets the job done.


And just so y'all know--my internet won't be installed at the new place until next Wednesday, so eatmywords will take its first ever hiatus next Monday and Tuesday. Until then!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That is an amazing idea! All of my cards are currently shoved into the change pocket of my Longchamp along with twelve dollars in quarters, a Hershey's Kiss that has been there for four months, and a bunch of old Metrocards!

PE_Feeds said...

I think you may want to get rid of that Hershey Kiss, Ash...haha

I bought a business card organizer cuz over 4 years I racked up over 200 cards...oof