Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Chop Chop


While my move has gone swimmingly, the cable guy has yet to arrive and install internet. I'm tapping today, but tomorrow we'll be back in full swing (I hope).

I've often referenced the terrible state of the economy in this blog, and today will be no exception. I woke up after my first full night of sleep in a long time feeling refreshed and recharged, and for once the phone rang after I'd gotten out of bed instead of before. My temp agency was calling--probably with info on the M/F job or my paycheck, I figured.

As it turns out, the magazine I was working for, too, suffers from this nasty economy.

All the temps have been cut, she says.

That includes me.

It's the name of the game in this time, age, and industry, but it makes it much harder to enjoy my beautiful apartment when my main means for paying the rent has suddenly disappeared. Good thing I'm still freelancing, I guess!

On the calendar now is an interview for an internship (we have yet to find out whether it's paid or unpaid) at a super-elite magazine for members of a super-elite worldwide club coming up at 2 today, and one for a fact-checking job at a medical website tomorrow.

And also tomorrow, a more upbeat post--I promise!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hugs, Red. Here's hoping that your interview went well and that tomorrow brings you something better than today!