Thursday, August 28, 2008

Big Discounts for Tiny Budgets

It's been a very foodie week here at eatmywords. But that's not stopping me from sharing the latest secret that I've discovered.

A good friend of mine has always sworn by restaurant.com, a website where you can buy gift certificates to different restaurants around the country at a discount price. For $10, you get a $25 gift certificate; for $20, you get $50, and so on. On 08/08/08, they did a crazy promotion where everything was 80% off, so a $25 certificate suddenly cost $2. I would have shared this then, but the servers were so lagged that it took me more than three hours to process my order.

However, restaurant.com is offering 60% off for all of their certificates until Labor Day, and though my trusty source did not provide me with the discount code, I cleverly guessed it myself! At checkout, type in "labor" to receive the discount. Now, this is how you eat on a budget! Bon appetit!

1 comment:

PE_Feeds said...

hahaha i'm flattered!