Monday, April 27, 2009

Recipe Lust -- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Didja miss me? It's been a few days... and I'm sorry! Coming down with nasty head colds really takes away Red's appetite. But thankfully that's been restored over the short little break. Given the weather (topping 90 before May??), I think everyone's thinking about ice cream, but I'm thinking about something a little different--Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes! No recipe here, just a pretty picture and some tasty ideas for you to play with this beautiful spring week...


To make your own, whip up your favorite cake batter and pour it into flat-bottomed cones. Bake as usual, and frost! I'm thinking red velvet with raspberry-laced creamcheese icing and dusting of cocoa or vanilla cake with strawberry buttercream and sprinkles. What can I say? I've got berries on my mind. But be warned--you won't want to fill those cones all the way or they'll spill over!

No comments: