Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Perpetual Kid

Yes, yes. It's nice when things are nice and pretty and wrapped with a bow. And it's also nice when things coordinate just so and come together to form the most perfect, most put-together look. But sometimes it's nice to break out and have a little fun. Any room without its humorous, quirky touches is a room without personality--or simply a room with too boring or too fancy a personality for my taste.

That's why I'm loving this site I recently discovered, called Perpetual Kid. It's filled with all sorts of cheeky (sometimes plain silly) accessories for the kitchen and home--and most of them are quite budget-friendly, too.



This cheese board, for instance, is one of my favorites. I like to host regular wine and cheese parties, and though the wine is usually enough to get us all laughing, I think this would really start the party on a pretty entertaining note. At $18, it's not too pricey either.


Doing dishes wouldn't be as much of a chore if I had one of these--blowing bubbles is one of life's most underrated pleasures and I'd be happy to bring more bubbles into my everyday routine. Not so sure how my floors would feel after a week of this, but hey! It's a fun a thought.



Since I generally like to leave you with three items of choice, I'll round out my list of fun finds with these super cute S+P shakers. There's a big kitsch and nostalgia factor here, which I think makes them more than worth the $8.49. I'm constructing an entire breakfast nook in my head around these little guys--bright walls, mod chairs, and a bunch of cool prints in frames on a single, perfectly cluttered wall. Love it.

Anyway, find all these cute things and more over at Perpetual Kid by clicking this little link. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ariel said...

Nikki, this post is amazing! I love the site... now if only I had an apartment in which to put these items.

Nix that. I want an apartment back in the U.S.A. in which to put these things.

Miss you!