Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Budget Finds: Silicone Egg Poachers

Today, we'll be replacing periods with stars (yes, yes, asterisks) because they're prettier than underscores* ok? ok*

There are always those things you never knew you needed--that is, until you saw that they existed and then you wonder why you've been living without it for so long*

Enter King Arthur Flour's silicone egg poachers, which look shockingly like some cute mise en place prep dishes I saw at Food Emporium last night***

Personally, I've always been really skeptical about different egg poaching methods* Some say you can add white vinegar to boiling water, swish it around into a vortex, and just drop the egg in, but that just seems messy and unreliable to me* Have I tried it? No, perhaps not--instead, I have a plastic ziplock bag method that tends to work just fine* But even still, the aesthetic of perfectly poached eggs is compromised, and this makes it difficult for me to pretend I can make restaurant-quality Eggs Benedict at home*


OK, OK, maybe this is just a big rant about my undying need for eggs benedict, but nonetheless, here are the silicone egg poachers that will rectify all my brunch issues (and perhaps yours, too?) with one quick spin* As the website says, you just grease, crack, drop, and float on top of some boiling water for perfect poached eggs every time*
$11*95 for two, right here! (See how ubiquitous damn periods are? This fiasco is really buggin' me!)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Those are insanely adorable. I don't eat poached eggs and I'm still utterly entranced by them!