Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We Can Only Afford the Dreams...

I've always been intrigued by the tradition of anniversary gift-giving. I love how there are categorical designations for each year that a couple has been together. You'd think that this would make decisions easier, but I think there's great fun in creatively stretching the boundaries you've been given. For our one-year anniversary, I played with the idea of paper gifts by creating a date-less calendar that could be re-used from year to year. TWB will probably torture me forever about the fact that miscounted and gave him 363 love notes instead of 365, but I think he can deal with it.

Today, TWB (that's "the wonderful boyfriend") and I are celebrating four years together, and upon consulting my trusty guide, the traditional four-year gift is fruit or flowers. The "modern" four-year gift, on the other hand, is appliances. Think it's too late to tell him I've been dreaming about one of these?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, we dream in the same color! Happy Anniversary to you both, and enjoy Beantown!

PE_Feeds said...

What I love about this machine is that we all want the same exact one, not any other brand or model haha

(I'm a black-color dude myself)

Oh, and hope you kids enjoyed Beantown! Eat some fried seafood for me