Friday, September 12, 2008

Hang Your Wine, and Drink It Too!

Aside from the usual job-hunting madness, internship training, and second-round interviews, today has been a particularly crafty day. After assembling my new desk, I began a project that will surely take a few days to reach completion. I've decided to paint a headboard onto my wall, and not just any plain-old headboard. After seeing this designer image on Design*Sponge, I felt totally inspired and up for the challenge.



Assuming it all goes according to plan, the instructions for a DIY designer headboard will appear here sometime next week.

However, the other big project of the day involved wine... isn't that the best kind of project? Always. But before we could drink any, we needed a place to put it. We ordered these wine racks from Target, and a few days later they're successfully on the wall.


And guess what--my new arm "muscles" totally compensated for the lack of a power drill for the anchors! Ahh, the sweet smell of success. Now to go enjoy the taste of it :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so impressed with your home improvement skills! If I'm not careful, you'll end up liking Home Depot more than me, and I'll have nothing to do!

Ashley said...

I'm seriously impressed as well! The wine racks look gorgeous, and I hope you have fun painting!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

oooh, I absolutely want to see the painted on headboard. Cool:)