Friday, August 1, 2008

A not-so-much vacation

I can't explain how happy I am to know that it's Friday.

I may not be waking up early, going to work, and living in a particularly tiring routine, but being unemployed is far more exhausting than you'd think!

First, there's the fact that I'm juggling a million job applications at once, trying to manage communications with tons of people. It's a lot to keep track of, and it's all equally urgent. It's good training for being someone's assistant, I suppose!

Then there are my freelance jobs. I love both of them--but in totally different ways. One is comfortable, familiar, fun, cozy, and pretty darn easy. The other is exciting, high-profile, and really challenging. They're polar opposites, and switching gears between the two has helped me appreciate both of them a lot. Then again, as an EA I would be switching gears between lots of easy tasks and some really important, challenging tasks, so it's equally good prep work.

But then there's the sheer fact that I never turn off. I may not have much work left for the day--or the week--but scouring job boards and worrying about responses is a full-time job in itself. Especially when there's one to be excited about coming up!

So keep your fingers crossed that I get a job to relieve me of this vacation! I have a feeling I'll be reversing all those words eventually...

1 comment:

Ariel said...

Yes, but the non-vacation vacation permits cupcake runs!!!!

And I demand more pictures of cupcakes (and other tasty treats - I don't discriminate!).

Skype soon, please. Lovelovelove!