Monday, July 28, 2008

From The Land of Chowder and Lobster

I've always been too caught up in the glory of New York to let myself escape the city and explore the Northeast. My mistake. But now I have an excuse to frequent Boston, and that excuse takes the shape of a 6'3 ex-rower with a big nose and an adorable smile. Let's not forget his even taller father, whose appetite is about three times the size of mine--and that's saying something! Intent on reliving the good ol' days when he lived in Boston, he took us out to the one and only Legal Sea Foods. The original. Not the Long Island knock-off.


We started with oysters and mussels for the table, though I don't eat oysters (they're too squishy and slimy for my taste). Instead, I ordered a bowl of New England Clam Chowder--the one that's been served at the last three presidential inaugurations, to be exact. Tasty as all the starters were, they were no preparation for what was to come...


That's right. A three-pound lobster.
And to make things better...


A platter of fried seafood. Served atop french fries, just in case your arteries need a little more of a push.

But you want to hear the kicker?

My boyfriend doesn't eat seafood. Oh no, he ordered steak. Please, point and laugh.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

STEAK?! Do me a favor and please give that man of yours a disapproving glare from me!

Unknown said...

awww i miss chaaaaarzzz

Unknown said...

hahahahaha ------->