Monday, May 4, 2009

Recipe Lust -- Flavors of South America


Probably since February, when I took a single day off (unpaid) to celebrate Valentine's Day with TWB, I've been waiting and waiting for my first paid vacation. After more than six months of working, I finally decided to take it over Memorial Day, so that my 1 vacation day can combine with my 1 holiday day for what will feel like an uber special treat. It's not a lot, but it's what we have to work with in this new "real" world. What I'm getting at is that I've been thinking about the comforts of home quite a bit in anticipation of my trip, and even the slightest references to Miami or Latin cooking get me started. Maybe that's why this recipe was just shouting out at me this week--it looks healthy and cost-effective (especially when considering that I have pre-marinated chicken from TJ's to fit the bill), and it really reminds me of the flavors of home--especially because I'm imagining it served with a big ol' hunk of avocado.

Click here for the full recipe, and enjoy!

No comments: