Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Geek or Chic? Pipette Tableware

Things that find an intersection between scientific labware and dinnertime place settings always seem to catch my eye--perhaps not so much for my own interest, but because I spent a good chunk of the last 6 years either doing science or surrounding myself with scientists and engineers. Regardless of reason, I'm drawn to these interesting oil and vinegar bottles over at Design House Stockholm, which are modeled after lab pipettes. At the very least, they're probably fun for making beautiful presentations when entertaining! I think I may be more prone to gift them to some of the aforementioned engineer friends that put them on my own table, but they're certainly not lacking in either geekness or chicness. What do you think?



Pipette Oil and Vinegar Bottles by Camilla Kropp, $59

No comments: