Thursday, March 26, 2009

DIY Project -- Fanciful Modern Chandelier

I'm surprised that I somehow managed to miss this in last week's issue of Time Out New York, but I'm almost glad I did (this week's letters to the editors had some crucial clarification on the project!).


Either way, this funky chandelier made entirely out of splitters is a great project that likely costs peanuts (I mean, really, peanuts can even be kind of expensive these days. Is it an apt metaphor?). I'm going to go the extra mile to say that this project costs ramen. How about that? And it looks damn cool too. I'm envisioning it over a Eames chair in a comfy corner devoted to late-night reading, or the breakfast nook in my dream kitchen with tons of white and colorful accents. I think I've told you about it before?


Here's the finished product, and for the steps, click here. That letter to the editor asked about the light bulbs you'd want to use, and the important answer is eight-watters. They create that signature hazy glow. Love it!

1 comment:

Virginia Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.