Thursday, February 26, 2009

Miracle Berries for Taste Tripping Parties -- Madness!

Today I bring you something that will revolutionize the way you think of tripping. And no, I'm not talking about drugs, per se--I am, however, talking about totally distorting your senses. But in a completely natural, completely legal way. And by distorting all your senses, I really mean, distorting your taste buds. I'm almost in disbelief at home something this cool could be so closely within my reach for so long without my knowing it.

See, these "miracle berries" are farmed in few places around the world, but one of the main farmers shares an area code with me. That's right, the taste altering berries are harvested right in my home county. But alas, the only website selling fresh miracle fruit I've found (the Miami farmer only sells by phone order) takes orders from the UK.



So what do the miracle berries do? Eat one and everything sour will suddenly taste sweet. Everything sweet will suddenly be sweeter! Eat a lime whole, you won't squirm. Even if you're not like me and hate eating sour fruits. People talk about "tasting parties" where you buy a bunch of these and have everyone bring foods whose tastes can be significantly altered by the magic. Sounds like a crazy time!


If you don't want to order the fruit from a random farm, click here for miracle berry dust, which has the same effects in powder form. It's madness, madness I tell you!!

4 comments:

Alison said...

oh wow. actually it looks like you can order them from the FL farm here:
www.miraclefruitman.com

you have to order 20 minimum though, which is pricey at $60 plus another $30 shipping, but that would make an awesome party.

these have now made the top of my list of foods I need to try.

Unknown said...

You could just use these as well:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/candy/ab3f/

(Made from the fruit)

red said...

oh dear charles, if only you had followed the last link, your comment would have been rendered completely unnecessary. But for thinking along the exact same path as me, I love you!

wink said...

I've tried these - in pill form, not fresh berry form - they totally work...we were eating entire lemon slices and they tasted like sweet oranges! But you have to be careful because then you get terrible acid stomachaches from eating entire lemons. It's crazy cool and I totally recommend trying it once. I think you can get the pills from somewhere in the east village...