Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obsession du jour: Spoon Necklaces

Sometimes food pops up in aspects of my life where I'm simply not expecting. And as much as those cupcake t-shirts and necklaces last season were just a tacky iteration of a widespread craze (of which I take partial responsibility), I love it when food makes unexpected, edgy, and chic cameos into the fashion world. I know I'm not the only one--Duff Goldman of Ace of Cakes fame has a whisk for a tattoo. That's close enough to accessorizing, right?


Anyhow, these adorable spoon necklaces are dainty and sweet, but with just a little bit of attitude. Modeled after absinthe spoons from decades past, they remind me of the Parisian-retro-glam style of Moulin Rouge. And, quite frankly, how can you go wrong with that?



For more tongue-in-cheek designs by Demitasse, click here, and be sure to check out the witty little moustache necklaces that are cleverly called demistaches!

No comments: