Thursday, January 15, 2009

Microwave-made Chocolate Cake: The

After finally watching my personal appearance on Food Network's Throwdown last night (!!!), I felt my tummy rumbling with quite some vigor. The battle was bread pudding, and the victor, dessert truck, is closed on vacation for another two weeks. What would I do to satisfy my newly awakened sweet tooth?

I had an idea.

Sometime last week, I tucked a link into a drawer full of bookmarks to be explored at a later date. This one--three minute microwave-made chocolate cake--would hit the spot, assuming the whole three minute microwave-made thing didn't turn out to be some nasty illusion.

Well, it wasn't. And if you, like me, are a skeptic that a perfectly decent (even delicious!) chocolate cake can be made without an oven, try this recipe. Here's what it looks like according to its creator, and the recipe can be found right here.


Don't get me wrong--this isn't a substitute for that perfect chocolate cake recipe you've brought to your friend's birthday all those years. No. This is a quick fix that hits the spot. Without much effort. And it's still pretty darn good.

Do yourself a favor--go find out when Throwdown: Bread Pudding will rerun, schedule it to tivo, and sit down and watch my first Food Network cameo with a mugful of this gooey deliciousness.

4 comments:

PE_Feeds said...

...and for those of you who don't have a Tivo...

http://www.eatmedaily.com/2009/01/dessert-truck-on-throwdown-with-bobby-flay-chocolate-bread-pudding-episode-video/

(Part 2, at 3:34)

Zander said...

It doesn't look like it will be reairing anytime in the next two weeks, so that link will have to work for everyone. How come you didn't mention it until after it aired?

red said...

you know, i just didn't think about telling people. i set the tivo and kind of forgot about it! oops? :P

Alison said...

oh I've made that microwavable cake! it's yummy and so easy.