Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pigs With Lipstick.. the edible version!

I am literally brimming with excitement and nervousness and overall anxiety, so I've set my sights on election foods--a subject a feel somewhat more at ease with!

Friends of mine are throwing a party where each one of us is supposed to bring a dish or drink that's associated with a blue-leaning state. My contributions? At first, I though orange-infused brownies, the orange referring to my home state of Florida (which I hope desperately goes blue this year). Then, looking at a bottle of white grape vodka left over from my housewarming party, I figured grape cocktails might be a refreshing twist on the grape associations (which usually mean wine) for California.

Then I had a pivotal election-food conversation with a friend, where we decided what each of us would bring to our respective parties. No, it doesn't have to do with a state, but I think it's totally clever: pigs in blankets, a la Sarah Palin. What does that mean, you ask?

The Pig remains the same. The blanket is a straight jacket. The ketchup is lipstick. Pigs with lipstick in straightjackets. And we must eat them to prevent their chances of reaching the White House!

Alas, if you are still looking for something to serve at your election bash, go for some Pigs with Lipstick! It's sure to be a hit!



photo courtesy of www.i-love-food.co.uk

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Adorable! I wish I liked ketchup... perhaps I can substitute paprika if I decide to throw a Palin 2012 party!