Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Link of the Day

Pardon me for being off this week--traveling makes blogging difficult! Expect less precisely scheduled posts while I'm away, and don't say I didn't warn you!

Today, two friends (one of whom can be found here) ironically sent me tips about cool food art. The first is plausible but likely fake--however, the thought of it is still very cool. Intricate food sculptures made from ordinary vegetables--I wouldn't question the pumpkin sculpture, for instance, but carving a strawberry is just not possible. Especially because the center of its flesh gradates to white, and this sculpture does no such thing. Still, it's a cool thought. Check it out here.


The second link I found in my mailbox today was definitely real, and really breathtaking, though it would arguably require less skill and precision than the first. That's not to say I can make this--look at how cool!

No comments: