Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fashion Has Never Been Sweeter

I suppose the theme of this week is going to have to be "indulgence," what with a cream sauce pasta, funky cocktails, and now a recap of the NY Chocolate Show to get us into the thick of the week. Before I get into my favorite vendors from the show (which I'll cover tomorrow), I was hoping to share some of my favorite snapshots from the annual Chocolate Fashion Show, an opening night tradition that's loved by all! This year's theme? Sweet Superheroes!


For anyone who watches America's Next Top Model as religiously as I do, it was an enormous surprise to see Jaslene open the show. I'll be honest and say I was never her biggest fan, but it was no less awesome to see her walk the runway.


Probably one of my favorite looks from the evening, this was also one of the most chocolate-centric costumes to strut by. It's easy for chocolate designs to become too heavy and cumbersome to be flattering, but this looks just as great as it would probably taste.


Using white chocolate as a canvas for tons of colors was an idea that I was really digging, as so many other designs succumbed to a completely brown palette.

I have no clue what superhero this was meant to be or if one designer just missed the memo. However, the color work on this was phenomenal too. I'm still in awe as to how much time this would have taken to complete. Despite breaking the theme, it was nice to see something that looked... wearable, for lack of a better word.

And, for the first time I'd seen, there were men decked in cocoa as well! This one was particularly entertaining... but not as much so as the bodybuilder model who lost his costume halfway down the runway! Uh-oh!

More chocolate mischief to follow tomorrow...

No comments: