Thursday, October 30, 2008

Link of the Day

Fine, I'll say it: I've never been a huge fan of Halloween. Strangely enough, I'm not a fan of dressing up, and I've always much preferred chocolate to candy. So aside from getting to watch the crazies in the streets, there's never been much incentive in the holiday for me.

But about a year ago, I realized that this time of year brings lots of fun little decor opportunities, and that's one aspect of the holiday that I'm happy to highlight. Martha (we're on a first-name basis now) has this great project for carving pumpkins or squash to look like lace. I don't think I'd have quite enough patience for this (nor the ability to carve in a straight line), but I can't believe that this is actually possible. More pictures and full instructions here.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Nice! Pumpkin carving is what I enjoy most about halloween/fall. That and the pumpkin food. Greece is seriously lacking in pumpkins though. I resorted to carving an apple. Now if only I had that apple tea light gadget you posted about...

Thanks so much for your comment! Eatmywords has become one of my daily blogs to read in my Google Reader. I've really been enjoying it.