Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'm Sorry!

Yom Kipur is a solemn holiday that's all about atonement and forgiveness. Once a year, we pray that we be absolved of whatever wrongdoings we may have committed, and then we put it all behind us and start our new year fresh and clean. Riding on my obsession of letters which I shared yesterday, I decided to scour Etsy for the most unique apologetic greeting cards in honor of Yom Kipur.


This one is from Roboboy's shop--and it's made by the slightly older sister to 8-year-old owner Roboboy, who draws and designs all the cards! The outside says "I'm sorry," but the cutest thing is the inside, which reads, "Don't I look it?"


A less 8-year-old appropriate version, I think this one is just hysterical. There's no better way to break the ice of an apology than through laughter. Plus, the letterpress technique and the super cool vintage-feeling font and graphic give these cards a fun 1950's feeling that I just love. Available at PressaRussa's etsy store right here.


Finally, this is the definite cutie of the bunch. I love the childishness of the expression paired with the seriously sad face on the little bird. By Smitten Invitations--quite possibly one of my favorite etsy shops. Check it out!

And to my dear readers, if I have faulted you at all over the course of the last year, please take this as my formal apology!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Amazing card choices! I love the dove in the last one, though with my history, it probably wouldn't love me!

Ariel said...

I love these! Sooooo cute!