Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back to Life From the Dead Sea

As the weather gets progressively colder, my skin gets progressively drier. It's a problem, because I happen to develop eczema in the palms of my hands, which results in little bubbles that make it painful to do anything that involves opening or closing my hand in any way. The first signs showed up today--earlier than usual--and I immediately reached for my trusty friend, a hand lotion by Ahava. Ahava is an Israeli company that works with Dead Sea products--their stuff is of a highly exceptional caliber. Ten minutes later, the little bubbles are all gone.



Every time a friend goes to Israel, I ask for a tube back. It's a precious commodity, after all! And each year, I do go through the whole tube. I'm always very careful, because I'd hate to be caught without my treasure lotion... and I've always thought that the stuff is uber-expensive here in the States, having seen it retail for up to $80 a pop at various boutiques.


Not anymore, my friends.

Ahava is now selling their products on an Ahava US website--and my favorite product is but $17 a tube. Looks like I won't have to shell out cash for an airline ticket to Tel Aviv after all!

1 comment:

Q said...

George Burns: When I was a child, the Dead Sea was only sick....