Tuesday, September 30, 2008

An Eye on the Time

To best celebrate any Jewish holiday, lots of feasting and friends are required. That's why last night, we had approximately 8 courses of food for 8 people. I love cooking for groups, and I never find it to be stressful--on the contrary, it's something I wish I could do more often. But coordinating that much food in a small oven with no timer was the feat of the evening. Thus, I bring you my egg timer roundup, in case your kitchen timing needs are as severe as mine!


First up, this adorable Lego timer throws me back to childhood. Remember the little men and women whose heads came off of their bodies? I'd always make them shop in the malls I made for them, but now they can keep track of my kugel in the oven!


If you're as crunched for space as I am, this magnetic timer from Crate and Barrel really comes in handy!

Aaaaand, to fulfill a whole other set of needs, this guy lets you set two separate timers at once, which makes it so much easier to keep track of multiple items at once. He's cute, too, decked out in retro colors that match the electric mixer of my dreams!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness. I have to get one of those double-sided ones!

Unknown said...

Lego men going to malls?! Yeesh, at least mine were exploring the ocean floor, battling aliens, and saving the world...

<3