Monday, August 11, 2008

White Coats Galore

Today is a very exciting day, because it is the day that the wonderful boyfriend officially starts medical school! The first day involves standard orientation activities and getting-to-know-you's, but it also includes something far more exciting: the White Coat ceremony, where he will receive his crisp new medical jacket emblazoned with his name and school crest. It's a moment I know he's been waiting for forever, and I'm so proud of him for reaching it.

In honor of today's white coat ceremony, which I sadly could not attend, I've decided to bring you a White Coat roundup just in time for the fall season. It might take the scientific edge off of the thing, but none of you readers were really interested in that anyway... or were you?

I think white coats are actually a wonderful transitional trend, pairing the ubiquitous summer color with a chic look for fall. This 3/4 sleeve version from Victoria's Secret is especially summery, but with a rich brown belt, it would pair beautifully with knee-high boots way into next season.

I'm also loving this lightweight trench by Bloomingdale's. I never realized the value of a trench until I finally caved and bought a wonderful sage green one two years ago, but trench coats in bright colors always work well for fall and spring.
Finally, I found this beautiful jacket by Milly--although it's a total splurge item that I could never afford, the boucle ruffle trim and round neckline make it so sophisticated, unique, and stylish that I can't resist including it here.


But please, remember, none of these are meant to be worn into the operating room!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

In an odd bit of irony, I got caught in the downpour this afternoon and wore a white coat (borrowed from an oncologist) in lieu of a shirt for half of my workday. I had just swapped my shirt for it when this post popped up in my Google Reader!