Thursday, July 10, 2008

Welcome--hope you're here to stay!

It's my 50th day in the real world. 50 days ago, I graduated from an Ivy League university and celebrated like wild--after four years of papers, exams, internships, and part-time jobs, I was ready to join corporate America. And how! But first, a trip was in order, and beautiful Morocco came and went, along with the first twenty days of my "real world" existence.

With suitcases unpacked and internet set up in my West Village summer sublet, I set out to contact the former boss who'd been promising me a job for the last year. And it wasn't just any job--if everything worked out as planned, I'd have a dream job at one of the world's most prominent magazine publishing companies. But alas, the headlines don't lie--the economy is craptastic, and so is the job market. There were no openings, and little red was thrown out of her dream life and into the real world--no kidding this time.

It's been thirty days since then, but who's counting? We're job hunting, and it's not the best time or place. But we're also determined, and we're bringing you along for the ride. So, what do you say? Are you in?

No comments: