Tuesday, July 15, 2008

the price is right, but technology is not.

Having set apart my morning to do freelance work, I didn't expect to be posting until later this afternoon. But when technology rebels, it's a little hard to get work done. So while my online database gets reset, I'm here, watching Price is Right and reporting to you.

The latest on the job hunt, live from New York:
I'm meeting with a boutique restaurant PR company today that I worked with while serving as Food Editor of my school's paper. Apparently they're expanding the firm, so it's a semi-informational interview with possibilities around the corner. It's not a magazine job, nor is it editorial, but I'm keeping my mind open.
And after stumbling on a great guest blog on Design*Sponge this week, I decided to make some cold calls to editors at craft magazines, landing another informational on Friday. Not bad, eh?

Side note: it's so painful when people spin the wheel on Price is Right and hit the 100 on their second try! My heart goes out to you, contestant-whose-name-I-did-not-see.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay for possibilities! And I think I might soon become addicted to Design*Sponge... thanks!

Ariel said...

adorable. you're adorable. i love how you are sympathetic toward the Price is Right people.

man, i kinda miss bad american television. all i have are dvds of tv shows, and not so many - a couple of friends, a couple of scrubs, and all of sex and the city. i need reinforcements!

lots and lots of love and luck! keep updating!